Surrounded by the mountains, with a view on the Garda lake
Riva Lake Lodge overlooks Lake Garda as it is located between the lake and the mountains and is also only 1,200 metres from the historic city centre of Riva del Garda. This little Trentino town surrounded by unspoilt alpine countryside is steeped in history.Piazza III Novembre, surrounded by buildings in Lombard-Venetian style buildings and numerous restaurants, ice cream parlours and bars, make it an ideal meeting point for everyone. Not to be missed is La Torre Apponale, a massive twelfth century fortress, the Museum MAG (Museo Alto Garda) which houses a permanent art gallery as well as the untouched Church of Santa Maria Assunta. In addition, there are beaches and facilities to learn and enjoy your favourite water sports. All of which makes Riva del Garda the perfect place for a unique holiday experience, whether you are looking for a holiday filled with sport, relaxation or culture, or a combination of them all.
Surroundings of Lake Garda:
- Discover the beautiful scenery with the Lake as a backdrop by going along the “Gardesana Occidentale” to visit Limone, Tremosine, Toscolano, Gardone Riviera and Salo.
- Travel along the eastern shores (Gardesana Orientale) of the lake and see the medieval towns of Torri del Benaco, Malcesine, Bardolino and Sirmione. Not forgetting the many theme parks in the area such as the famous Gardaland amusement park; Caneva World aquatic park; Parco Natura Viva, with its incredible animals;
- and finally the Cascata Varone in a Botanical Garden, a stunning waterfall winding its way through caverns.
Active holiday on Lake Garda:
- Enjoy the extraordinary scenery as you relax on the beaches surrounding Lake Garda and make the most of all the activities which are on offer – sport is a major incentive for a holiday in Lake Garda;
- Lake Garda is the great choice for water sport lovers from kitesurfing, windsurfing and sailing not to mention sport climbing and free climbing for all levels, mountain biking or simply walking along the lake shores;
- The Garda Trentino area which lies between Lake Garda and the Brenta Dolomites offers numerous MTB routes immersed in extraordinarily beautiful countryside;
- There are also several golf courses nearby not to mention Nordic walking, hiking and walks, all with a lake view;
- Paraglide over Lake Garda as you learn to fly in a unique setting;
- We are on hand to give you all the information you need to ensure a fantastic activity-filled holiday in Lake Garda.